Management of financial transactions, procurement and statutory reporting. Implementing and improving financial procedures and controls for activities and investments.
Our Berkshire based client is a leading institution in the Education and Training sector seeking to hire an interim Financial Controller to stabilise and improve financial processes within the organsiation.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller:
- Communication with stakeholders and members of the Finance team to ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Manage VAT and tax affairs including liaison with auditors
- Cashflow forecasting and treasury management
- Management of a multi discipline team
- Relationship building across the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Provide ad hoc advice on financial and budgetary matters
- Oversight of month end
- Monthly balancesheet and cash flow statements
The successful Financial Controller:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience preparing audits
- Understanding of control strucures in a complex organisation
- Experience leading a team
- Strong analystical skills to make decisions and solve problems
- Experience within the Education and Training sector preferred
For the successful Financial Controller there is a daily rate of circa £300 per day, contract length of circa 9 months and an office based near the Berkshire area.