This role is a fixed term contract, maternity cover for 9-12 months.
This is an exciting opportunity based in central London for a Procurement officer/ Accounts Payable with a strong finance background to join a growing organisation and be part of a busy and friendly finance department. We are seeking an enthusiastic energetic person that wants to develop and grow with the company.
The client for this role are based in central London, in the medical sector.
This vacancy would sit within a team of 4 and reporting into the financial controller.
This accountancy vacancy will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring purchasing is in line with group processes, sending out purchase orders and managing them.
- Supporting new supplier, product set up and maintain master product list.
- Maintaining order templates and keeping up to date with standing orders and schedules.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of purchasing and ensuring Support Team/HODs are chasing their open orders.
- Process medical and consumable supplier invoices upon receipt using the correct VAT treatment that is specific to that company.
- Coding the invoices to the correct general ledger account/department and obtaining the appropriate authorisation through liaising with HODs in the business before presenting the invoice for payment within the agreed payment terms.
- Scan invoices for electronic filing on a timely basis to ensure it is easily cross referenced and retrievable.
- Distributing of stock count sheets to the HODs/Lab Support Team members at month end and input of the completed count sheets from the business.
- Posting the correcting month end stock adjustments.
- Perform monthly stock account balance sheet reconciliations and understand the movements in order to communicate and prepare KPI reports as required by the finance team.
- Reconcile supplier accounts to supplier statements on a monthly basis. Liaise with suppliers to resolve any query invoices promptly and obtain copy invoices as necessary.
- Preparing payment runs twice a month for consumables/reagents suppliers.
- Looking after the procurement e-mail box on a daily basis and ensuring that all requests have been resolved in timely manner.
- Any ad hoc duties as required by the Group Finance Manager / Group Financial Controller.
The successful candidate for this Procurement officer role will be on a 2 week notice period or less, with up to 2 years experience within the accountancy capacity.
Candidates should obtain an accounting degree or be AAT qualified. In addition should have experience in managing supplier performance and relationships.
The perfect applicant will be highly motivated, effective team player, meet targets and deadlines, able to learn and assimilate new information.
This Procurement officer role, based in central London will offer the candidate a fun and fast paced working environment, with added opportunities to develop key skills.
This is an initial 9-12 month fixed term contract, with the view to be extended if the candidate is a great fit and able to learn and assimilate new information.