Leading FMCG business in Milton Keynes are on the lookout for an expeirenced payroll manager to join the team.
Our client are a true market leader with an international reputation in Milton Keynes. They are on the lookout for an experienced payroll manager to join there team, looking at the department from a more operational perspective.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- To manage all aspects of the monthly payroll process
- Overseeing two Payroll Administrators to deliver an effective Pay and Benefits service to the business in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Oversee the tax year-end process including the preparation of P11D data, submitting information to the outsourced payroll P11D team.
- Development of the Payroll and benefits strategy using both analytical skills and understanding of the current operations and future challenges
- Prepare the Directors remuneration and other payroll related analysis for inclusion in the Group's Annual Report and other external communications working closely alongside team members of Company Secretarial.
- Provide input to headcount reporting, and reporting of headcount information for purposes of the Annual Accounts.
- Control and audit of holiday and absence management system
- Prepare and review regular staff cost variance analysis to assist the Finance Manager, Central Costs, to support gap analysis of administration cost
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and prepare national statistics returns
- Support HR Business Partner with Gender Pay & Apprenticeship Levy Reporting
- Manage all payroll queries from employees and centre management teams.
- Regular visits to London Head Office with Accounts Assistant to hold monthly Payroll and Expense walk in sessions.
- Attend payroll courses throughout the tax year as and when required, and share learning's with HR/Finance.
Payroll Manager Requirements:
- Strong operational knowledge and experience of payroll with an SME or large company background, including the operation of occupational maternity and sickness schemes, overseas employees, pensions and share schemes.
- Good knowledge of monthly payroll accounting closing cycles
- Detailed knowledge of implementing and enhancing time and attendance systems in relation to Payroll calculations and development
- Strong organisation skills with attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of taxation, national insurance, benefit in kind and PAYE settlement agreement rules
- Accounting knowledge and experience associated with payroll and HMRC guidelines on Expenses
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Strong relationship building capability and influencing from Director to Bakery worker levels
- Effective communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to build effective relationships across the business
Whats on offer?
- Competitive salary
- On site parking
- Chance to have operational input across the business
- Grow your team