Davis & Hodgdon is currently seeking dedicated Accountants with 3+ years of recent experience in public accounting, focusing on the areas of tax and A&A services. Staff will contribute to multiple engagements; including individual and business tax prep, audit, compilation and review projects, as well as, managing to project budgets. Strong organization and communication skills are essential to this position.
Davis & Hodgdon is very interested in finding someone interested in advancement in the profession and dedicated to personal and professional skills development. The position requires a Bachelor's degree; understanding of A&A services, tax preparation and experience with various types of engagements.
A CPA or EA is preferred but a CPA Candidate will also be considered.
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational and strong tech skills
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software
- Ability to juggle concurrent engagements
- Demonstrated excellence in client management
- Interest in developing new client relationships
- Willingness to collaborate in staff development
- Experience with Thomson Reuters and Intuit software products
- Experience operating in a paperless environment
Organizational fit is important to us! In an effort to help both our Firm and the candidate determine fit our interview process is as follows*:
- Candidate will meet with Chief Operating Officer to go over the Firm culture, HR items and a tour of the office
- Candidate will meet with a Manager to discuss the position, expectations, etc.
- Candidate will meet with an Accountant to find out what it is like to work at Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs.
*Depending on schedule, the whole process may happen in one meeting or be split into two meetings, whichever option is more convenient for the candidate.
This job description is intended to provide a high–level view of the employee's duties and responsibilities and is not limited to the information listed above.
Davis & Hodgdon Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Davis & Hodgdon and The Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.