Based at the firm's UK office in central London, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the wider finance team. This is a broad and varied role which includes finance, operations & compliance. The role offers a lot of scope to grow within a rapidly expanding business.
A private equity fund based in Central London. This role sits in their ideally located Central London headquarters. The offices are modern and the company has a great culture.
Reporting into the UK CFO, the successful applicant will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting data for corporate entities and funds
- Expense reporting and monitoring
- Assisting with annual budgeting, monthly variance analysis and reforecasting processes
- Assisting external administrators with information requests
- Direct interaction with finance management on a variety of issues
- Ad hoc projects across the firm as required and providing the necessary support for answering any ad hoc queries and requests for analysis from the business
- Assisting in ensuring management information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Payment processing
- Office management assistance
- Invoicing of facilities/service charges
- Supplier payments and processing for Root Capital and Root Capital Support Services
- Setting up bank payments
- Looking after Company Secretarial filings for all LLP group and fund entities
- Processing of expenses and credit cards
- VAT returns
- Keeping FCA compliance manual and procedures up to date, including anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, insider trading and conflict of interest policies - staying abreast of relevant changes
- Provide compliance training to new starters, and ensure relevant filings and authorisations are made
- Coordinating submissions from the portfolio companies to create the first draft of quarterly and annual compliance monitoring programme
- Responsible for GDPR
- Manage employee systems and files (holidays, absence, etc.)
- Responsible for health and safety and any other employment compliance issues for Root
- Manage supplier relationships, payments and contracts
- Manage software infrastructure
- Manage hardware infrastructure (telephony, laptops)
- Manage IT spend
Qualifications / Requirements
- Exceptional academic background; 2:1 degree or higher with A-B.
- c. 1-3+ years within Finance/Accountancy in a broad role (similar to the above duties). Most prevalent in the role is the finance duties. If candidates have had exposure to ops & compliance too that is beneficial.
- Strong Excel skills, attention to detail and robust numeracy are vital
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrable ability to prioritize, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Interest in learning accounting principles and double entry book keeping
- SQL knowledge a plus but not a requirement
- Knowledge of accounting software would be helpful but not essential
- Interest in working in the financial services sector
- Interest in broadening personal skill set in the context of a quickly growing finance function
Looking to pay around £35,000.