IT A&A Specialist - Senior
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Your role as a Senior in IT Audit, will perform a variety of assurance and testing work for a portfolio of diversified clients in different industries. Given the many opportunities to work with different engagement teams and managers, you learn to collaborate very fast. As you progress, we train and assign you to different aspects of the engagement.
During your tenure as a Senior in IT Audit, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Perform business process understanding along with financial audit teams to identify scope for IT Audit procedures such as test of automated control, data analysis and other audit procedures to address financial audit risks.
- Prepare and communicate IT Audit Plan, budget and timelines to the IT Audit Manager.
- Perform fieldwork and audit procedures such as IT risk assessment, test of automated / application controls, test of general IT Controls, interface controls and test of system-generated reports, risk mitigation procedures and reporting preparation.
- Identify and evaluate IT risks and impacts associated with identified issues
- communicate engagement issues and findings to senior management and client personnel
- Prepare written reports on findings and recommendations from engagement work
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with client personnel
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and border to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- BS in Computer Science, Business Computer or Management Information Systems
- CISA or other relevant certification is a plus.
- 4+ years of related experience within professional services, IT External audit or IT Internal Audit in Financial Services Industry - Banking is a must
- Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments in Financial Services Industry
- Ability to plan and manage fieldwork along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Experience in testing general IT controls of applications, operating systems, and databases; testing of system generated reports
- Proficient in understanding Retail Banking business processes, identifying and testing of automated application controls
- Ability to perform risk mitigation procedures, which include identifying and testing mitigating controls, compensating controls etc.
- Articulate, well-spoken, team player and passionate about delivering tangible outcomes.
- Willing to work hours as needed to meet client deadlines and firm needs.
- Strong proficiency in basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to conduct extensive research.
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.