A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Working in the global Applied Health & Nutrition business and based in Naas, this role assumes full responsibility for the day to day operational finance activities for the business. The role is a hands-on position, working as part of a small team, but with global responsibility. The Applied Health & Nutrition business (AH&N) supports Kerry’s alignment with industry trends such as nutrition, clean label and food safety, while the vast portfolio of advanced technologies serves the food, animal nutrition, biotech, fermentation, nutritional supplements and pharmaceutical markets.
Cash management for AH&N via Working Capital and Capital management & control for Global Applied Health & Nutrition.
- Prepare monthly inventory reports for each business unit within the division. Reconcile financial reporting system to inventory sub-ledger, prepare journals for adjustments where necessary.
- Liaise with and challenge Supply Chain and Commercial finance functions to make sure appropriate analysis is carried out and corrective and preventative actions are taken Consolidate the output, identify key drivers and communicate insights of divisional performance Prepare presentation for divisional month Inventory performance reviews
- Capital management Provide monthly Capital update (YTD spend, forecast, key projects updates). Challenge Engineering teams to make sure spend comes as forecasted. Provide ROI analysis as required.
- Support acquisitions Due Diligence and integration process as required.
Factory Measurement ,
- Scorecards responsibility.
- Consolidation and analysis of monthly plant operations performance packs (Plant KPI Scorecard, Capital, Profit Improvement Program, Factory spend analysis) making sure information is complete, accurate and reported in a consistent way across the division.
- Prepare executive summaries and commentary.
- Challenge plant management on the results reported and provide support to improve performance.
- Prepare presentations for Divisional and Global Middle Office reviews/meetings.
- Liaise with functional leads to communicate the requirements, challenge the outputs and support divisional Middle Office team in communicating the results.
Support Budget and KPI targets setting activities,
- Challenge plant management and functional leads during KPI and plant costs budgeting applying continuous improvement approach.
- Participate, challenge and support Plant budgeting process
- Prepare KPI targets submission for Management Incentive Plan and address queries received
- Lead budgeting process for central Middle Office costs and recharges.
Functional Costs control.
- Report and analyses Middle Office functional costs.
- Work with functional leads suck as Supply Chain or Engineering to identify the root cause and rectify any adverse variances to budget.
- Lead and drive KerryExcel via factory Management.
- Establish WoW with commercial team to align on de-risk/P&L impact of each project savings YTD as well as assumptions around full year forecast.
- Introduce inefficiencies reporting (opposite of KerryExcel).
Talent Management :
- Onboarding & development of a new starter to take on responsibilities.
- Assisting with developing and educating New Plant accountants in the Kerry plant accounting WOWs and corporate reporting responsibilities
Qualifications and skills
- Degree qualified
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable
- Qualified accountant; CIMA ACCA or ACA with circa 3 years experience
- Ability to communicate to senior leadership and non-finance management personnel
- Takes initiative and holds themselves and people around them accountable
- Willing to learn and has “can do” mindset, inquisitive
- Proficient in Excel
- SAP experience is an advantage
Candidates must hold an EU passport
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.