Practice Senior Accountant – Personal tax and statutory accounts
We are an established 2 partner, ACCA qualified firm, with nearly 20 employees and an enviable client base. We have recently invested heavily in beautiful offices, technology and staff to grow the business and want to maintain this growth by recruiting further high-quality professionals.
We are looking for an experienced accountant who is able to organise and manage a large portfolio of clients to ensure compliance deadlines are met.
We are pioneering new tax planning projects and there is scope to get involved in these and develop as an accountant.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Preparation and review of Self-assessment returns and accounts
- Tax planning and advisory work
- HMRC investigations
- Preparation of Management Accounts, cashflows, forecasting and budgets (experience not essential)
- Assisting with training of junior staff
- Liaising with statutory legislative bodies
- Client systems analysis and recommendations
- A variety of other tasks as part of the smooth running of the company and team
- Minimum 5 years UK Practice experience
- Ideally has UK accounting qualification e.g. ACCA/ACA (but not essential)
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Personal and Corporate Tax knowledge
- Experience of Tax investigations an advantage
- Must be able to organise and manage a large portfolio of clients, and work with the wider team to meet internal and external deadlines
- Ability to complete jobs all the way to partner review
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Office and accounting packages
- Experience of Xero accounting and Sage software an advantage
- Management experience highly desirable
- R&D tax claim knowledge an advantage
- It would be ideal, but not essential, for the candidate to have experience with clients in media, creative, fashion, branding/PR and digital/technology industries.