Specialist - Business Analyst
Specialist – Business Analyst
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full–Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Revantage Corporate Services
Due to the continued growth of our organization, Revantage Corporate Services is seeking a Specialist – Business Analyst to join our Technology Function.
Technology comprises a team of data professionals focused on delivering solutions to improve decision–making, optimize internal business processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights. The Specialist – Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for evaluating and improving upon the business processes that enable the insights factory, and support strong data management and governance practices.
Revantage Corporate Services (RCS) is a wholly owned company of Blackstone that provides best–in–class professional shared services globally to Blackstone's real estate portfolio companies in various sectors including multifamily (LivCor), commercial office (EQ Office), retail (ShopCore), industrial (Link Industrial), senior living (Longview) and hotel (BRE Hotels and Resorts). We are dedicated to our clients, helping them solve critical and complex real estate issues, with access to resources, data, and the world's most influential real estate leaders.
We are building a culture that inspires people to drive change, stand up to challenges, and embody the daring spirit to outperform yesterday's best. Our vision sees us personally exploring new ideas and capabilities, proactively seeking the needs of our partners and people to unlock new opportunities. We are partnering in possibilities to unlock our greatest potential, together.
Technology will unlock the potential of Revantage. Help us deliver best in class tools, services, and insights.
As the Specialist – Business Analyst, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Work frequently with Revantage data owners and consumers to understand their business needs, workflows, and identify opportunities to optimize business processes
- Work to understand the ecosystem of data sourcing and delivery, evaluate the end to end processes that enable the data platform, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform root cause analyses to uncover underlying issues impacting data delivery activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of data sources and relationships among data sets
- Interview business stakeholders and data teams to elicit data platform requirements
- Define and document processes that ensure data quality adheres to standards established by Data & Analytics leadership
- Contribute to the development of the enterprise–wide Data & Analytics operating model
- Define business use cases and requirements to align stakeholder asks with delivery efforts
- Track stakeholder requirements to help prioritize and raise critical needs
- Summarize requirements and process analyses to inform roadmap development and strategy
- Experience in Financial Services, Private Equity, and/or Real Estate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or related field
- Experience conducting requirements and process analyses
- Familiarity with data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos)
- Proficiency in SQL and ability to optimize queries
- Experience in Agile / Lean methodology
- Knowledgeable on data management and governance practices and principles
- Business analysis, process improvement, and project management skills
- Ability to apply keen understanding of data concepts and terminology to business workflows / mappings
- Strong communication and ability to articulate data and technical concepts to wide audiences
- Business and technical acumen to work effectively across project teams and stakeholders