Fixed Asset Accountant, Regulatory
Founded in 1990, LS Power is a developer, investor and operator of power generation, transmission and energy infrastructure projects in North America operates with offices in several states including NY, NJ, CA, MO and TX. Since its inception, LS Power has invested over $40 billion to construct, acquire and operate such projects. LS Power employs an integrated, multi–disciplinary approach, with a team of over 200 people covering every area of expertise required to successfully execute in the sector. LS Power has developed and constructed more than 630 miles of transmission infrastructure and has additional projects in the construction and planning stages. The total projected capital cost of LS Power's transmission projects in the operational, construction or planning stages is over $3 billion. As a developer, investor and operator in the energy sector, we possess a unique combination of industry–specific expertise, resources and relationships that enable us to arrive at creative solutions to the current and future needs of our customers and investors.
The Fixed Asset Accountant, Regulatory is responsible for maintaining accurate fixed asset records and providing timely and accurate data required for accounting, analysis, and regulatory reporting of LS Power's regulated utilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist with proper recording of capital project costs and asset unitization details
• Create property closures, retirements, and transfers
• Maintain and analyze all Continuing Property Records in an orderly and accurate manner
• Maintain all Continuing Property Records in compliance with GAAP and FERC regulations
• Prepare monthly journal entries and perform PowerPlan monthly close duties
• Maintain strong understanding of capitalization rules, regulations, and industry best practices
• Work closely with the Tax team to provide accurate and timely data for provision calculations
• Work closely with the Property Tax team to provide accurate and timely data for assessments
• Support the Senior Fixed Asset Accountant with state commission rate case filings, FERC annual revenue requirement filings, and preparation of FERC Form 1 fixed asset data
• Assist with preparation of fixed asset schedules to support the annual financial statement audit
• Assist with maintaining the PowerPlan fixed asset system and necessary system upgrades
• Ensure data request responses are complete, accurate, and timely
• Ensure information provided is accurate and presented in a useful and understandable format
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong work ethic and well organized with goal to complete assignments on time.
• Analytical and reasoning abilities, with strong numeric skills and quantitative acumen.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with others.
• Satisfactory written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interface with different levels and functions of the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required.
• Minimum of two years in fixed asset accounting.
• Basic knowledge of GAAP, company accounting principles, procedures, and practices
• Fixed asset accounting experience for regulated utility companies strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of regulatory fixed asset accounting and the FERC Uniform System of Accounts preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and general business systems knowledge.
• Experience with the PowerPlan fixed asset system a strong plus.