Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: CFO, Fusion Furniture
Exempt / Non Exempt: Exempt
Reporting to the Strategic Business Unit CFO, the Staff Accountant serves as a key finance and business team member at Fusion Furniture. Responsibilities range from routine daily tasks to annual budget development. Works closely with Operations and Human Resources.
- Financial accounting for sub–division including invoicing, accounts payable, account reconciliations, etc.
- Manage Accounts Receivable Cash Application
- Payroll Reporting, including Unemployment, W2s, Quarterly Tax Reports, etc.
- Assist in employee benefit administration including monthly insurance reconciliations
- General Ledger Account Analysis
- Work closely with the CFO with balance sheet reserves and account reconciliations
- Fixed asset accounting, including CAPEX, work in process accounting, and project close outs/capitalization
- Travel – Low
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will be a CPA with a degree in Accounting/Finance and at least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing accounting environment.
Desired Technical skills and abilities include:
- Income statement and balance sheet fundamentals
- Analytical ability–draw business conclusions from financial data
- Cost accounting–manufacturing
- Spreadsheets–high proficiency
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Revenue accounting–gross/net sales/rebates/accruals
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Communication–finance–to–finance; finance–to–business, verbal and written
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Software literate–Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Payroll systems, etc
Additional attributes desired include a strong work ethic, leadership, results orientation, enthusiasm, flexibility, motivation and empowerment skills and a strategic viewpoint.
- Must be dynamic with a high level of energy, a proactive self–starter who is confident of his or her own abilities of being able to work in an independent environment.
- Should be personable, professional and have a business–like manner with an ability to operate across functions, to think strategically and maximize business opportunities as they are presented.
- An individual experienced in meeting deadlines.
- Excellent personal presence.
- A good listener and a person who deals with facts, not emotion.
- A good team player.
- A person possessing unquestionable personal integrity.
- Detailed oriented and thorough
- Maintain trust and confidentiality