Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job... Just be prepared to dream big.
The Apple Finance department based in Cork supports all functions of the Apple business including the European Logistics, Manufacturing and Asia /Pac Operations, European Technical Support, and the Applestore and iTunes stores. This growing team, which numbers approximately 200+ Finance professionals supports more than 50 legal entities in 20 countries across the region.
The Accounts Payable team manages all invoice processing within EMEIA. We have high volume processing of both manual and EDI invoices and adheres to strict financial controls, whilst supporting both the business and the Apple large base of key vendors. You will be responsible for processing timely invoices, ensuring compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Previous experience working in a high volume accounts payable department in a multinational is key
- Previous experience processing invoices for numerous vendors in several different currencies
- Managing vendor queries and balancing vendor accounts
- Posting of journals through both the AP Ledger and the General Ledger and knowledge of balance sheet items
- SAP experience an advantage
- Excel knowledge essential
- You will become a member of the wider Finance team with global interactions with vendors and Apple supply.
- This is a key role in a fast-paced environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
- Responsible for high volume invoice processing
- Matching all invoices and ensuring all are approved prior to processing
- Liaising with Management and customers to follow up queries and approvals
- Ensuring all invoices ar on time
- Dealing with all vendor queries
- Reconciliation of Vendor Accounts & Month-End Reconciliations.
- Maximising early payment discount and metrics
- Clearing Aged items from AP accounts.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in a busy accounting environment with tight deadlines
Education & Experience
- Leaving Certificate examination (or equivalent) with Math and Accounting or Business Studies
- Qualified Accounting Technician or studying for similar qualification (preferred not required)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.