Audit & Accounts Senior
My client is recruiting for an Audit and Accounts Senior to work within their London flagship office, to assist the partners and managers in the audit planning, fieldwork and audit file completion. You will also be required to carry out the Accounts preparation and to supervise audit trainees. The split will be approximately 50/50 split between the two duties.
A top 20 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally and regionally.
Due to growth within the team our client is looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the them and to assist in achieving strategic goals of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the manager
- Lead smaller assignments and assist colleagues on larger or more complex projects
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Deliver the audit file to the manager in timely manner
- Identify and document audit issues and control weaknesses
- Regularly communicate assignment progress to the manager Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Experience of analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware
- Some prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
The Audit and Accounts Senior role is offering a competitive salary with huge career progression within the firm and a great benefits package.