Senior VP/First VP, Wholesale Bank, Group Audit
The employer is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
- You will lead in audit projects and be responsible for the business, operational and regulatory audit of Group Wholesale Banking activities; Basel II Independent Validation Requirements and Loan Asset Quality. A sound knowledge of corporate credit lending, investment and derivative products, credit management and remedial processes covering front office, middle office and back office functions; as well as familiarity with laws and regulations governing the businesses are essential. The team will perform different types of audits such as global, thematic or business portfolio audits of the Bank's Head Office Operations as well as its regional subsidiaries and overseas branches.
- You will plan, organize, execute and conclude on the internal audits including the preparation of an audit plan and audit report which fulfills the responsibility of the team, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs. You should be well-versed in assessing business risks and controls; recommend business-focused solutions to improve risk management practices; as well as play an advisory role as subject matter experts. You will perform the quality review of auditing standards of the team and make recommendations to improve the audit processes and work paper documentation.
You will prepare concise summarized reports and management papers for Audit Committees and other stakeholders.
- A recognized degree, with minimum 10 years of relevant working experience either in reputable auditing firms or financial institutions. Professional certifications such as CIA, CFA or CPA are added advantages
- A sound knowledge of corporate credit lending, investment and derivative products, credit management and remedial processes covering front office, middle office and back office functions; as well as familiarity with laws and regulations governing the businesses. An understanding of Financial Institutional Products is preferred
- Possess a strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong people management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills and maturity to drive and manage audit assignments