Part-Time Fund Accountant
The Part-Time Fund Accountant will be solely responsible for the update and reconciliation of the accounting records, as maintained in QBO, together with ensuring that all necessary reporting is made available within specified timescales.
The principal activity of the Company is that of private equity investment, via fund managers resident internationally.
Our client are a firm that invests in leading European mid-sized companies, and actively helps them execute their investment plans. They have invested in companies in different industries, and have made divestments that have generated high returns. This role sits within their ideally located Central London offices.
Main Responsibilities of the Part-Time Fund Accountant
* The update of the accounting records from the information and documentation made available.
* The reconciliation of all major control accounts, inclusive of fund manager accounts.
* Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in QBO.
* Adhere to generally accepted accounting standards.
* Advise line manager of any outstanding issues.
* Collate, prepare and process expense claims.
* Assist the office manager with the payment cycle, ensuring timely settlement of investment and related deliverables.
* Preparation of the annual budget and cash flow forecasts at regular intervals.
* Production of Management Accounts, ensuring accuracy of information and all relevant deadlines are met.
The ideal Part-Time Fund Accountant candidate
* Looking to work one day a week. This could eventually become two days.
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience.
* A knowledge of fund management accounting is integral to the role. Current experience and technical knowledge is a requirement.
* Must have dealt with foreign currency accounting.
* Ability to apply numeric and thorough analytical skills.
* Imperative that the person can work on own initiative with minimal levels of supervision.
* Positive and proactive attitude - ability to look for efficiencies and ways to implement, happy to get involved in areas that are not under remit and work the necessary hours to complete tasks.
* IT literate - Excel, Word and QBO.
* Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met.
* Ability to communicate well with all levels.
* Ability to think "outside of the box".
Looking to pay £45,000-£55,000 (FTE) with a good package alongside.