Manager Global Financial Reporting
What are you doing tomorrow? Maybe the role of Manager Global Financial Reporting is THE next step in your carreer ! the world around us
We live in extraordinary times. Technology, society, the job market - they’re all rapidly advancing, and opening up previously unimagined opportunities. With innovation driving the world of work even faster, many of us are left wondering: how can I find a job that works for me?
people at the heart of everything we do
Working at Randstad is unlike working at any organization. Because at Randstad we put people at the heart of everything we do; this goes for our clients, our candidates, our employees and society. By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s technologies, we support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We call this Human Forward
your typical day as Manager Global Financial Reporting
You will meet your colleagues at the coffee bar of the HQ of Randstad in Diemen and the barista serves you a great espresso. Then you plan your next trip to one of the countries you are responsible for to advice and support them in accounting & reporting. Till noon your agenda is full with reviewing the reporting of subsidiaries and deliver a high quality internal or external report based on the consolidation system.
For lunch we offer you two restaurants. The company restaurant serves you day snacks, soup and all kinds of bread. The sportsbar is well known for its juices and healthy dishes. After lunch is a bit of time left to have a quick game of ping pong with your Yacht colleagues.
In the afternoon you will develop, maintain and implement financial accounting procedures, processes and systems or consolidate at corporate level the financial information of all operating companies. Then some internal en external auditors have some questions you have to deal with.
Late in the afternoon you are identifying areas where robotics or automation can be used to further streamline the consolidation process and implement these changes.
Just before you go home you join a bootcamp which takes place just outside the main entrance of the HQ of Randstad.
- Academic working and thinking level, obtained relevant Master (RA/CPA)
- 4 – 6 years in an international environment, preferable (“big 4”) audit firm.
- Applied understanding of IFRS, specific knowledge of financial reporting & consolidation processes and accounting policies
Within Randstad we invest in our employees, developing is key for us. For our functional communities we have development programs in place, which we call World League Programs. The aim of the World League programs is to guide and facilitate our functions in further strengthening the business partnering with the field, in a coordinated and standardized manner. As finance talent you will have the opportunity to develop yourself through trainings and job rotations every 3-5 years. For our finance community we are looking for professionals who show the following behavior:
● Business impact: has a significant impact on (internal and external) stakeholders at different levels, and drives business change from a finance perspective.
● Radar screening: provides a full, clear and well-presented picture of performance risks and opportunities, and ensures key issues remain on the radar of management.
● Connecting people and business: acts as a link within the business environment, bringing together people from different parts of the organization to improve the finance division, staff and organization, and business performance.
● Critical thinking: challenges people in the organization with regard to the quality of the financial processes and output, to continuously improve quality.
● Reliability: is recognized as the financial conscience of the organization; looks after the reputation of the organization and ensures compliance (with company values, internal and external standards, and regulatory requirements).
Other important characteristics
● Strong analytical skills, conceptual thinking, and helicopter view
● Strong communication skills
● Team player
● Not afraid to take responsibility, show decisiveness
● Hands-on mentality and accurate at all times
● Inherent drive to improve procedures and efficiency; eye for opportunities
● Willingness to travel abroad to visit subsidiaries (3-5 times a year)
● Fluent in English writing and conversation/presentation
● Additional language skills (French, Spanish, German) is a pré.