Real Estate Senior Fund Accountant
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Citco Real Estate Investment Fund Services (REIF) is a business line within Citco Fund Services which provides quality corporate and administration services to many of the world's largest real estate funds and investors. Our dedicated real estate team has developed a unique vertical and horizontal "360˚" administration services approach, covering the administration of the fund itself but also the administration of intermediary holding companies and property owning companies, across all regions, resulting in a seamless administration of all levels of the fund.
The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for providing clients with accurate and timely accounting services in line with clients' business needs, Citco procedures, applicable accounting standards and compliance with relevant regulatory authorities, to meet the client service agreements.
The successful candidate will have the motivation and ability to thrive in a challenging and constantly evolving industry.
Main Job Functions/Tasks
- Accounting & analysis
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
- Prepare limited partner and general partner allocations
- Prepare trial balances and work paper product
- Process standard and complex bookkeeping entries
- Involved within a full scope of transaction activities including full cycle accounting
- Prepare financial data analysis
- Monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Interact with Management and Clients
- Review private equity fund client's partnership agreements, PPM's and other materials
- Participate in the implementation of fund structures onto the accounting system
- Monitor compliance of various agreements with clients, including the Service Level Agreement
- Train and support team members in their development
- Operate as a contact point for clients; able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary
- Act as a liaison with various internal /external parties - i.e. auditors, legal counsel
- Assist in client audit procedures
- Process wire transfer payments on behalf of clients
- Prepare and analyze complex Excel spreadsheets
- Liaise with property management companies
- Degree qualified in Business or Finance related area.
- Designated accountant or working towards ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA designation
- 3+ years of public/private real estate accounting work experience
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
- Motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines
- A team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities
- Sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced level MS Excel, Proficient with MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MRI, Yardi, or Investran a plus
- Experience in Limited Partnership accounting a plus
- Private equity/real estate fund administration experience a plus
- Familiarity with tax-efficient European structures and related investment vehicles and regulatory requirements a plus
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- You will be enlisted on a Private Equity training programme.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.