Commercial Finance Analyst
Fantastic opportunity for a confident and experienced Commercial Finance Analyst to take on a new challenge with a large high street retailer based in Warrington.
The role offers a great challenge and a great range of experience, if you have a passion for all things retail this is the role for you.
Fantastic opportunity to shape the retail environment of a large retailer based in Warrington, they are growing year on year and currently have a turnover in excess of £120m.
They where founded over 30 years ago and have over 100 high street stores and a large online presence. They are the largest online retailer in Europe for their chosen product lines.
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will be responsible for;
- Develop strong relationships with the Category Managers and Buyers to deliver projects that align to their priorities and category plans
- Deliver high quality, actionable insight to the Category teams enabling them to make better trading decisions including supporting the Category Managers with the quarterly buying strategies.
- Support retail stores to drive sales and margin at a local level - providing analytics and MI to help stores drive profitability.
- Determine true product cost of sale with a view to minimise costs and maximise margin e.g. distribution costs of small inexpensive items vs potential profit - identify solution - ideal carton pack size and distribution cost.
- Supporting merchandise team with forecasting by brand.
- OTB (Open to Buy / WSSI) weekly reporting analysis.
- Seasonality & Terminal stock reporting and analysis.
- Pre and post promotional analysis & planning to ensure profit and sales targets are achievable, all options explored and KPI impact analysis past event.
- Develop recommendations as to how retail and / or trading propositions should be adjusted to drive improved performance.
- Responsible for measurement of key trading initiatives (e.g. price changes, range changes) - defining and measuring the right departmental KPIs to define success and combining with other metrics (e.g. financial metrics) to give a clear view of performance.
- Identify promotional opportunity through gap analysis to flatten the sales peaks & troughs vs ourselves and the market. Achieve through an analytical numbers based promotional plan.
The ideal Commercial Finance Analyst will be;
- Able to turn large complex data sets in to concise and actionable reports
- Advanced Excel skills (Essential)
- Experience within retail based business (highly desirable)
- Experience with Power - Bi, Tableau (highly desirable not essential)
- Be studying towards ACCA/CIMA (desirable but not essential)
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will receive;
- Competitive salary up to £40,000
- 26 days holiday plus bank
- Retail discounts
- Free Parking