Audit Manager - International Development Grants (Global travel)
An exciting career opportunity for an experienced audit professional keen to travel and support established International Development stakeholders.
Are you seeking an inspiring role, a new and rewarding career with diverse travel, supporting truly worthwhile causes. Our partner, specialists in International Grant Assurance are seeking outgoing auditors for this management position; navigating a diverse group of grant recipients & donors, such as the United Nations & the World Bank. You'll be London-based travelling 30-40% per annum on assignments 1 to 2 weeks in length. Locations such as Malawi, Peru, Vietnam, Belgium, Oxford, Sierra Leone, Brazil, Fiji, Cameroon, France.
Overseas assignments are typically 1-2 weeks in length and could mean travel to one of over 100 countries/ territories. It presents a fantastic opportunity to see the parts of the world you’d never otherwise get to see, work with lovely people and pick up extremely relevant institutional donor and fieldwork experience; vital for anyone seeking to establish a career in the international development NGO sector.
This specialist team is wholly dedicated to the provision of financial management solutions to international institutions, particularly those involved in grant-making and the implementation of grant-funded programmes in the public sector.
You’re role will provide a high quality service to clients, contribute to business development activities and be active in the internal development of the department.
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites for 50% plus of the time conducting audits or special assignments globally;
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of public sector audit issues and techniques and provide guidance to other team members based on previous experience;
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of public sector client structures and the legal and contractual frameworks in which the assignments are performed and provide guidance to other team members based on previous experience;
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and provide guidance to other team members based on previous experience;
- Prepare a tailored plan for large or complex assignments based on an understanding of the terms of reference;
- Lead assignment fieldwork teams including locally based staff for large or complex assignments;
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the findings on an assignment and write them up in a detailed, precise and clear way in the assignment report;
- Lead opening meetings and present the audit findings at closing meetings;
- Draft a report for each assignment on a timely basis;
- Prepare proposals for specific assignments within a framework contract;
- Provide on the job training and guidance to more junior team members throughout the assignment process;
- Develop an good understanding of the firm’s billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates;
- Take on at least one formal internal responsibility in the following areas: training; recruitment; technical development; business development; IT; social.
Qualifications: (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent);
- At least four years audit experience in practice, preferably including public sector experience;
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus;
- Sound technical and analytical skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good reporting writing skills;
- Staff planning and supervision experience;
- Team worker;
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude;
- Public sector knowledge and interest;
- Passionate about international travel;
- Ideally worked for a top 20 firm;
- Second language, especially French, Spanish or German is highly desirable;
- Willing to work in international locations for 30-50% plus of the time.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.