Transverse is a new P&C program carrier focused on providing capacity to leading MGAs, distributors, and other insurance companies. The firm is broadly licensed, well capitalized, and led by industry professionals with over 150 years of combined experience.
In addition to traditional program relationships, Transverse will support transformer and ILS partnership arrangements. Transverse will retain risk on select programs.
We are looking for an energetic, well–versed Staff Accountant who is looking for an opportunity to join a well–funded insurance "start–up" that will be writing both admitted and non–admitted business in 50 states. You would join an incredibly talented and experienced operating team and be instrumental in growing our business and appropriately rewarded.
Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Insurance system reconciliations to bordereau reports and general ledger
- Ensuring accurate accounting and reporting to reinsurers' cession statements
- Preparing journal entries for monthly general ledger close
- Preparing miscellaneous tax filings including premium tax filings
- Reviewing and processing AP invoices and expense reports
- Cash reconciliations
- Special projects and any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience with at least 2 years with a primary insurance company across a variety of property & casualty business lines
- While insurance experience is a must, program experience is a plus
- Able to work independently through projects assigned
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Quick learner and with the ability to adapt to changing work requirements
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Problem solver
- Detail and results oriented
- We value hard work, integrity and commitment – in return for your service, we offer benefits and rewards that are highly comprehensive