Night Audit/Front Desk Associate
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate SUMMARY:The Night Audit is primarily responsible for auditing daily revenues for accuracy. S/he is responsible for maintaining an efficient and effective flow of information with guests, Team Members, managers, housekeeping, and other departments within the hotel. Overnight shifts are required.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints to ensure satisfaction.
- Balance and audit for accuracy all room and tax charges, cashier's reports, and guest accounts.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Prepare customer tracking reports, market segmentation reports, food and beverage revenue reports, and other auditing reports necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
- Act as a hotel liaison during night hours.
- Communicate with other hotel departments as necessary to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
- Perform guest service functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations, answering hotel phone calls, and notifying guests of message.
- Conveys company information, decisions, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Act as Manager on Duty.
- Bring passion and delight to your guests and peers.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Previous front office experience preferred
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Two years customer service experience
- Basic computer, telephone, and math skills
- Strong command of English
- Other languages helpful
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports and presentations
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Skilled in problem solving by identifying the problem and working through it
- Possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 25 lbs with assistance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing & overhead reaching occasionally
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with office work
- Must be able to frequently handle office supplies and equipment to maintain the facility
The Night Audit shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work–related duties requested by his or her supervisor.