Senior Financial Analyst
Advance your Finance and Accounting career at Liberty Mutual Insurance– A Fortune 100 Company!
Independently plans and monitors the development of financial plans and the analysis and reporting of results in a deadline focused environment, working with the team to gather information and resolve issues as they arise. Uses increasing business acumen and analytical expertise to perform ad hoc financial analysis and effectively communicates the results to management. Leads efforts to continuously improve processes to increase the speed and effectiveness of financial analysis.
- Prepares and reviews complex standard and ad hoc reports (monthly, quarterly and annual book close; which includes account reconciliations, control checks, manual journal entries and regulatory reports) utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting principles. Presents findings/recommendations to Management.
- Responsible for complex accounting and financial analysis. Prepares and presents budgets for GRS Home Office. Ensures appropriate use of historical information and current trends. Identifies, recommends and executes resolutions to issues as they arise.
- Leads projects of moderate to high scope and complexity. Communicates project opportunities and constraints to Management while monitoring project status. May also actively participate in cross–functional project of moderate to complex scope.
- Works closely with finance personnel across GRS operations to resolve accounting and/or reporting matters, research (if needed) to understand variances and provide support.
- Responsible for following enterprise risk management and compliance procedures. Follows risk management and quality compliance processes to include quality control compliance (i.e. OFAC, attestation). Follows safeguards to protect company assets and ensure compliance with Corporate and Company procedures.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining efficient, cost effective, processes, controls and data management, including how departments interact.
- Reviews results, serves as a technical resource, and provides feedback, training and guidance to Accountants and other cross–functional professionals.
Bachelors degree (Finance or Accounting) is required. Minimum of 3 years of finance experience.
Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast–paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
Communicates effectively with teammates and others, leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results and recommendations.
Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well–being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.