Lead Financial Analyst
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
In this role, you will participate in and manage complex financial analysis reports and projects. Using a broad knowledge of financial practices and procedures, you will provide strategy recommendations to management.
Independently develops thorough financial plans and analyzes and reports on results in a deadline focused environment. Uses increasing expertise to manage the accurate completion of the teams assignments while developing the capabilities of teammates. Uses business acumen and strong analytical expertise to perform complex ad hoc analysis. Communicates financial results, trends, and business implications to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail... Proactively leads increasingly innovative and complex efforts to continuously improve processes to ensure work is performed as efficiently as possible.
- Manages, analyzes and reports on financial and operational results/analysis. Ensures historical information, current trends, regulatory environment and tax consequences are factored into analysis.
- Manages financial and operational planning, projections, budgeting, and planning process, including data management, analysis and reporting. Develops and coordinates financial forecasts and plans in support of MHC's operational and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing critical and complex analysis and reporting of financial and operational results. Individual must communicate and work effectively with key stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies, participates and/or manages cross functional/departmental projects. Defines project scope and prioritizes resource commitments. Communicates project opportunities of high complexity and constraints to Senior Management.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining efficient, cost effective, processes, controls and data management. This includes establishing direction of long–term objectives.
- Provide direct support to MHC's Management Team in making strategic recommendations and decisions.
- Cultivates an environment focused on development by assigning projects to build teammates strengths and sharing knowledge through training or reviewing their work.
Bachelors degree (Finance or Accounting) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred. Minimum of 5 years of finance experience.
Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast–paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
Solid understanding of Finance Tools and Analytical Methods.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well–being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.