Staff Accountant - Private Equity Portfolio Company
Premier Early Childhood Education Partners is a private equity backed early childhood organization focused on improving the lives of children, parents, and staff by providing safe, fun, curriculum–focused early education in a collaborative and child–centric environment.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing team. This role will report directly to the CFO and play a key role in developing and running the accounting and financial operations for newly acquired businesses. This is a great opportunity for a candidate interest in working at a growth–oriented business with a focus on acquisitions and integrations.
Premier works closely with Tyree & D'Angelo Partners (TDP), a Chicago–based private equity investment firm that makes control ownership investments in, and partners with, lower middle market businesses to create meaningful value for all involved. TDP is currently investing out of its second fund and has over $300 million of equity capital under management. TDP has significant experience investing in multi–site businesses, including specifically in the retail and education markets. More information on TDP and the firm's investment history can be found at .
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Primary accountant for businesses acquired by Premier
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements
- Lead and perform core accounting functions, including AP, Payroll, revenue reporting, and month–end reconciliations
- Analyze and interpret financial results for multiple businesses
- Work closely with management teams to understand performance drivers and develop financial plans
- Financial onboarding of new businesses as company grows through acquisition
- Leverage financial systems for continuous improvement. These include NetSuite ERP, Paylocity, Expensify and Mineral Tree AP Automation
- Wear multiple hats if needed and being a team player in a fast–paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Work with multiple stakeholders. This role will be a key partner with business units while also working closely with Premier management and private equity investment firm
- Interpret and clearly explain financial results
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or equivalent
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Experience with NetSuite financial software and/or multi–site service businesses is a plus
- Excellent computer skills – especially Excel and financial systems including QuickBooks and NetSuite ERP
- Willing to do all levels of accounting work – from AP and Payroll to FP&A.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast–paced, collaborative, team–oriented environment that is growing through acquisition
Premier Early Childhood Education Partners acquires or partners with owners of independent early childcare centers and preschools who are looking to grow their business with a trusted partner or transition into the next phase of their life. Premier Early Childhood Education Partners provides support functions such as recruiting & human resources, marketing & community outreach, procurement, payables management, accounting & finance, and information technology.