The Business Analyst will work with systems and business personnel to develop business specifications based off of business needs. The business analyst may also develop test plans and test decks.
The Business Systems analyst will work closely with Actuarial teams to understand their business functions, areas of need and promote process and system enhancements that drive greater accuracy and efficiency.
The individual will expand reporting capabilities for Actuarial partners by centralizing data across legacy systems and Actuarial models and employing reporting tools such as Oracle BI, Essbase, and Tableau.
We are seeking an associate who enjoys applying their technical skills to develop innovative dashboards and perform complex data analysis. The associate is also expected to establish strong relationships with business partners, clearly documenting requirements and advocating for their needs. The associate needs to be a self–motivated and energetic individual who can meet the challenges of a fast–paced, changing environment.
- Partnering with business areas to assess reporting, analysis and data visualization needs
- Developing knowledge of Actuarial processes and recommending technology–driven process improvements
- Assisting in the documentation of requirements and specifications
- Partnering with technical subject matter experts to determine the optimal design
- Developing reports and dashboards
- Creating and executing test scripts
- Facilitating change and innovation to legacy systems and processes
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Computer Science/Information Technology or MIS
- 3 –5 years of experience working in financial or actuarial systems, reporting or similar area
- Experience working with OLAP reporting tools such as Essbase, Cognos, etc.
- Experience building content and dashboards in business intelligence (Oracle BI or similar) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft PowerBI)
- Experience with various SDLC and process methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Knowledge of big data technologies and processes at a functional level is a plus (e.g., Hadoop, MongoDB, Cloud, Apache Frameworks)
- Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) is required
- Strong SQL background (joins, unions, aggregation, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Highly motivated to make impactful improvements for our business partners
– provided by Dice