Senior Accountant, Project Mangement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees financial reporting and provides financial support for project management and contract monitors.
- Develops long and short–term objectives to carry the organization through each accounting cycle in alignment with established policies and strategic plans.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions related to vendor accruals by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides support to project management in completing contract accrual forecasting and managing process for completing contract trackers. Ensures General Ledger is correct regarding contract accrual.
- Protects organization's values by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes the finance & accounting and organization mission by completing other projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Accounting, or Economics.
- 5 to 7 years of Accounting / Finance experience required, life sciences experience highly preferred.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities but will be required to work closely with and gain the confidence of Contract Monitors.