Senior Finance Manager (Logistics)
4 days left
This position reports to GM Finance Logistics and works closely with Logistics Operations team to provide support to efficiently carry out Logistics Operations. The Logistics Finance Manager must have a collaborative management style with the ability to build partnerships with Logistics Operations Group and key Finance & Category stakeholders to effectively influence and drive business performance, budgeting & cost controlling efficiency. The candidate must be working currently in a core third party logistics (3PL) organization in the UAE, working closely with Logistics Operations Leadership Team, Integrated Supply Chain Management Leadership Team and Financial Planning & Reporting Team. The Finance Manager is responsible to consolidate all the logistics activities (warehousing, freight forwarding, transportation and workshop) into Business Units Cost Bridges provided to the categories for actuals and reforecasts.
- Responsible for maintaining general ledger file and associated reports and verifying accuracy of certain account balances.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of information processed from subsystems. Update subsystem information into the G/L on a regular basis.
- Work closely on Oracle systems and its implementation for the 3PL business from scratch to completion.
- Review journal entries and post at month end.
- Provide monthly financial statements or reports to GM Finance and CEO.
- Analyze and summarize detailed transactions for each bank account.
- Provide detailed information to corporate for inter-company netting payments monthly.
- Provide inter-company reconcilations to group companies at month end.
- Run Balance Sheet for chief accountant to enter intercompany balances into financials inter-company module.
- Review and approve inter-company receivables into Netting System each month.
- Complete monthly sales worksheet.
- Update freight, warehousing, transportation and workshops reports at month end.
- Ensure that freight, warehousing and transportation charges are being properly billed to customers.
- Ensure all backup for invoicing, payables and payroll are reviewed prior to payment processing.
- Reviewing job orders as and when requested for capital and operational expenditure projects.
- Understand monthly / quarterly actuals and key drivers of past performance and provide insightful inputs for process improvements.
- Manage forecast process including monthly / quarterly updates and annual plans.
- Finance expert for transportation cost model, work with cross functional team to build annual budget / reforacast in tool.
- Prepares consolidation, clsoe and financial reports and liases with external auditors.
- Work on key financial projects that drive the improvement, including but not limited to cost analysis models and capital projects.
- Develop performance measures and indicators to understand, quantify and communicate risks and opportunites.
- Lead the logistics and transportation annual and long-term planning process.
- Support GM Finance to enhance and improve planning, budgeting and reporting process.
- Support cost saving initiative reviews to provide transparency and accountability.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings.