UK Financial Controller
4 days left
- Full time
An opportunity has arisen for a UK Financial Controller to join a listed renewable energy based in central London.
My client is a listed renewable energy firm based in central London. Further detail available on request.
This UK Financial Controller will be responsible for month-end close, preparation and analysis of financial statements, Corporation Tax, VAT/RCT Returns, payroll, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations and maintaining and implementing internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- VAT/RCT returns for the various entities
- Compile and analyze financial information necessary to complete the month-end accounting close including preparation, input, and validation of journal entries including payroll and accruals.
- Research, investigate and report variances on a monthly basis to maintain the integrity of the Company's general ledger and financial statements. Deep-dive into the TB balances to substantiate and correct as necessary.
- Prepare/Review balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations to supporting documentation for all the entities, while investigating and resolving reconciling items timely.
- Lead the interaction with the auditors and the preparation of financial statements. Provide documentation to support both internal and external audits.
- Keeping abreast of the local legislative changes, analyse impact and recommend adoptions
- Assisting in developing annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Ad hoc projects/tasks as required.
The successful UK Financial Controller will have the following:
- Bachelors Degree
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Experience within the Energy/Oil and Gas sector desirable
- PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience
- Proficient with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and problem solving
The role will cover Europe therefore some travel is expected
Basic salary of between £75,000 + £80,000 + 15% bonus & benefits