Impressive, well known organisation seeking an experienced Finance Assistant for their team in Oxford.
The organisation is a well known and reputable local employer with large and impressive offices in Oxford. There is parking on site and a generous benefits package and holiday allowance.
This will be a challenging role in which the post holder will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in the full range of Financial matters within the organisation.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
- Purchase Ledger: Coding and inputting invoices, raising payments, banking
- Sales Ledger: Raising invoices - mostly rents
- VAT Returns
- Management Accounts - Prepare basic set of management accounts plus variance analysis and commentary - information for monthly finance meetings
- Reports - cost reports on expenditure for example
- Annually - prepare information for audit, annual budgets and trustees meetings.
- Incorporating all book keeping to producing a monthly set of management accounts
- Other tasks as set out by senior members of the organisation within the ability of the incumbent.
The Finance Assistant will need to have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of AAT Intermediate Level (Level 3) - depending on experience
- Microsoft Excel - minimum 'Intermediate Level' needed - to include pivot tables for cost reports and breakdowns).
- Experience of basic VAT returns
- Self starter and able to manage own workload
- Experience of purchase ledger
- Some knowledge of Sales ledger
- Management accounts - prior experience of producing accounts to at least trial balance level would be an advantage
- Ability to deal with occasional complex ad-hoc requests - must be comfortable with analysing information and putting into a suitable format.
The salary on offer is a range between £22,000 and £26,000 dependent upon experience and qualification. There is a generous benefits package and extra time off given for AAT study if needed.