Client Service Management – Fund Accounting
Job Title - Client Service Manager
Department - Fund Accounting
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
- Client Relationship Management from a Fund Accounting standpoint
- Project Management (Client s driven and Corporate projects within segment)
- Audit process
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Be a primary point of contact for a single or multiple Northern Trust client/s within the segment.
- Building a stable relationship with the clients to support key interactions and seamless escalation.
- Represent NT across all service and change discussions for Fund accounting, Financial Reporting and Expenses.
- Where required, manage directly a team of professionals that work within cross products area.
- Be integral to the build out and continuous development of the operating model within Fund Services in EMEA.
- Ensure that the service quality that is delivered to clients is of an excellent standard.
- Build out a progressive approach to improving the quality of service delivered to the client.
- Support the Co-ordination and delivery of all key service reviews with the client.
- Support Snr Management with appropriate escalation of all issues, service updates, and progress updates for the client.
- Maintaining an excellent and interactive relationship with internal partners inclusive of Client Service, Sales, Technology, Solutions, Custody and Prod development, for both on and off locations.
- Supporting the global operations teams to deliver a quality product through efficient issue resolution, proactive client engagement, and effective deliverable planning.
- Primary client facing subject matter expert for service delivery impacting matters
- Maintains governance and responsibility for operational process.
- Pre-empt (where possible) and manage/resolve service issues and ensure timely communication to the client (and to RM where relationship impacting matter).
- Identify and work towards opportunities to improve client behavior and effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes.
- Ensure regulatory requirements requiring changes to operational process are met.
- Support client training requirements including maximizing self service opportunities.
- Ensure awareness of clients overall operating model to present connected front to the client.
- Maintain service plan and issue log from a Fund Accounting standpoint.
- Participate in operations fast board meetings.
- Own required processing to fully resolve inquiries and be consistent with client SLA.
- Being an active participant on key initiatives driven by the Management Team.
- Ensure Legal Documentation is constantly up-to-date and regular reviews are occurring between relevant parties (SLAs, Agreements,…).
- Maintain regular on-site relationship.
Skills / Experience
- Proven client facing skills
- Ability to work across products (Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Transfer Agency,). Key attribute will be ability to be informed of detail across the product set.
- Drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- Balance commercial mindset with Operational capacity and capability.
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders. Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Management: Solid experience in Operations or Client Service management.
- Organization: Evidence of organizational and time management skills.
- Client Service: Ability to interact efficiently with Clients and effectively manage client expectations.
- Business Knowledge: Strong Product & Business Knowledge.
- Change Agenda: Ability to manage change agenda with conflicting priorities.
- Controls Focus: Keen understanding of the control infrastructure within Fund Accounting.
- Leadership: Drives teams forward with support from Management team.
- Documentation: Ability to produce clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation.
- Results driven: Proven track record
- Team player: Comfortable working across all levels of the organization and bringing teams together to achieve results.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools is essential.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Being Result oriented
- Handling pressure
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking.
- Communication Skill set: Strong written and verbal communication skills with complimentary presentation skills.
- Fluent english.
We seek qualified people for a wide range of challenging positions and who are interested in building a career with a global growth company, excel in a team oriented environment, yet respect others and have strong values and principles. Northern Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. We ensure our policies guide our behaviours to create and maintain a discrimination-free workplace. We support total diversity: gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, physical disabilities, and marital/family status, among others.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.