An Assistant Accountant role providing trustworthy support to the finance department.
Playing an active role in the month-end reporting cycle.
A leading company in the property and housing industry, that provides a highly valued service to its clientele. They have a large presence nationwide with plans to keep expanding as a continuously growing business. They encourage internal growth and career progression for the right motivated individual with interesting opportunities within the business. Based around the Luton area, they are easily commutable for anyone residing in Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Milton Keynes or surrounding areas.
The key responsibilities for the role of an Assistant Accountant include:
- Balance sheet reconciliations and end of month reports
- Creating inter company statements and being the main point of contact for any relevant queries
- Maintaining bank reconciliations
- Creating various weekly reports, prepayments and accruals
- Creating cash flow forecasts
- Producing graphs, diagrams and spreadsheets where necessary for different parts of the business.
- Being responsible for the reconciliation of credit card statements and working closely with the nominal ledger.
The successful candidate for the role of the Assistant Accountant will:
- Have either a strong educational background (2:1 degree or higher) in a relevant discipline, or is part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, AAT Qualified) with suitable experience in the industry.
- Haves strong numeracy and written skills.
- Be aware of the challenges faced in accountancy and how to overcome them.
- Have strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to work alongside a close-knit team with good communication skills.
- Be familiar with the key Microsoft programmes, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Work well under pressure with the ability to meet deadline and achieve desirable results
AN exciting opportunity to join a dynamic finance team in the Property and Housing industry in Luton offering:
- Earn between 18,000-22,000 dependant on experience
- Have opportunities for growth and progression
- Study support