Accounting Associate - 1 Year Contract Position
We are currently looking for an experienced Accounting Associate to work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
To qualify for this position, the candidate must possess the qualifications:
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Performs monthly close and reporting results to management, including tracking of expenditures and variance reporting.
- Managing all GL activities, maintenance, account reconciliations, and monthly close processes.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, reviews monthly results, and investigates significant variances.
- Assists in evaluating and investigating financial transactions in preparation of financial statements and/or reports.
- Assists in preparation of timely and accurate reporting of financial statements in compliance with governing accounting rules and regulations, including compliance
- Coordinates in internal and external audits.
- Evaluates and investigates financial reporting of certain transactions.
- Promotes adherence to internal financial policies and procedures with proper internal checks and balances.
- Consolidates financial data presented in various formats for financial analysis and reporting.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Canadian CPA, CGA, or B. Comm (or equivalent) and with other courses leading towards a professional designation being desirable.
- 5-7 years of progressive financial accounting and reporting experience.
- Very strong technical, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills and short learning curve.
- Can work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound understanding of processes and controls supporting the preparation of financial reports.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Payroll processing, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.