4 days left
- Full time
Accounts Assistant - 6 Month FTC - Milton Keynes
This is great opportunity to join the leading retailer in the heart of MK
Page Personnel are partnered with a prestigious UK brand within the retail sector, who are headquartered in the heart of Milton Keynes. Due to ongoing success, our client is now seeking an Accounts Assistant to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports.
Responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant:
- Support in the compilation of the monthly corporation tax calculation and quarterly VAT return.
- Monthly submission of inter-company statement to business units and act as first point of contact for queries.
- Ongoing communication regarding queries on taxes, deductible of expenses, dividends and other matters
- Control of journal entries and reconciliations
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, scanning processed invoices.
- Reconciling and compiling various reports: e.g. monthly company wide reports on franking costs, printing costs, and taxi costs
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post on a daily basis distributing to the correct department
- Ensure KPI's are met each month
- VAT Payments
- Ensure costs are charged to the correct General Ledger Account and Cost Centre
- The ideal candidate will have worked as an Assistant Accountant, with previous experience taking part in the responsibilities noted above
- Available Immediately (2 week notice period)
- Be able to operates excel on an intermediate level
- AAT Qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Commutable from Milton Keynes
Alongside working for a leading retail brand in the heart of Milton Keynes with a competitive salary, our client offers a tailored training scheme with progressive steps to assist your progression within the financial space