Senior Manager, International Tax - Melbourne
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the International Tax and Transaction Services team in our Melbourne office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide advice to multinational organisations in regard to the income tax implications of their operations, transactions and corporate structures
- Provide advice on the application of domestic Australian tax law and tax treaties, including both established law (thin capitalisation, controlled foreign companies) and recent developments (Diverted Profits Tax, the multinational anti-avoidance law and BEPS initiatives)
- Provide tax planning and structuring (inbound and outbound) solutions
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within international tax teams locally and globally, as well as other service lines, especially Transfer Pricing
- Manage international engagements
- Participate in business development activities
- Mentor and supervise junior staff members
- Prepare and facilitate training sessions
Skills and attributes for success
- At least 6 years' experience in Australian tax consulting within a top tier accounting firm, corporate, tax consulting or legal environment
- Inbound and outbound transaction consulting with international tax research, planning and compliance experience and/or tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience
- Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate complex tax concepts to clients
- Experience managing budgets, projects and people
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and provide a high level of client service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management capabilities
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong knowledge of Australian tax law
- Experience in international taxation and cross-border taxation
- Degree in accounting or law including taxation and international tax
- A post graduate qualification such as CA or Masters of Tax
Who are Tax?
EY's Tax practice believes a better working world is helping our clients navigate through a rapidly- changing business and tax environment. EY professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients by developing and executing strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance. Learn more about Tax here - https://www.ey.com/au/abouttax
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.