Senior Manager, Technology Risk, Risk Advisory - Canberra
- Work with iconic government and industry clients
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Technology Risk, Risk Advisory team in our Canberra office, who enjoys developing people. This role is being offered on a flexible full time basis.
The team work on an incredibly diverse range of work, mostly for the public sector. These engagements are often intricate and challenging; working on some of the most complex problems for our clients.
The way in which government agencies and companies interact with their employees, service users and other organisations is changing at an unprecedented rate. Mobile computing and technologies such as cloud computing and social media are breaking down the walls of the conventional office and demolishing the old IT risk paradigm. In order to effectively manage IT risks, organisations need to get a broad and complete view of the entire IT risk landscape. This holistic perspective provides companies with a starting point to help identify and manage current IT risks and challenges, and those that may evolve over time.
You will be working with Partners who have vast consulting experience including ex-Secretaries of Commonwealth and State Agencies.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and participating in engagements with clients and other IT Risk & Assurance professionals to analyse, evaluate and enhance information systems and resources facilitating the business internal control process, to maximize efficiencies and minimize IT risk.
- Using knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify engagement and client service issues, communicating this to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Demonstrating and applying strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Managing the financial aspects of client engagements and communicating significant issues, fees, and estimates-to-complete to partners and clients
- Helping partners generate new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships, actively identifying opportunities to better serve clients
- Experience with a globally/nationally recognized blue chip, government or professional services firm or large corporation in IT Audit/IT Risk
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in IT audit or IT risk advisory - either consulting for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, government agency or large corporation
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements; Internal or operational audits, ISAE 3402 Attest engagements, ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft) and/or application of data analytics for business process reviews (e.g. ACL , IDEAL , SQL, Tableau, Spotfire )
- A relevant Bachelor's and/or Post Graduate qualification
- Australian Citizenship and the eligibility for security clearance
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA will be highly regarded
- CPA , CA, CBCP , CIA , CIPP , CGEIT certification or related professional qualification
Our Advisory service line focuses on helping clients to improve their performance and manage their risks more effectively. From an improved finance function, enhanced supply chain, or superior customer experience, EY teams are able to offer added value and turn our client's strategy into reality! This is why Advisory is the fastest-growing service line and an energetic, fast-paced environment. Learn more about Advisory here .
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $ including 9.5% superannuation (delete this if not considering overseas applicants).
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.