Open day for this role on Saturday 21st September 2019 at their Chennai office:
DLF IT Park
The role of a GDS Associate is to support in carrying out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GDS India offices, supporting the various engagement teams mostly based in the Americas and European countries. Key expectations for this role are to provide high quality results to these teams, often to a tight deadline.
Primary Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Be responsible and support in delivering highest quality on every task assigned in line with the EY methodology and the expectations of engagement teams.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of an industry or sector and be aware of technical issues or assurance related risks.
- Execute and document specific assurance related procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, local team’s work step allocation and planned assurance related approach.
- Build knowledge about risk management which includes understanding significant business processes, regulation applicable to the clients we support, other risks specific to their business.
- Timely identification of accounting and assurance related issues, clearly document the facts and findings, and discuss with GDS senior/Assistant Manager.
- Work with the GDS senior and engagement team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Interact with the engagement team on a regular basis and develop productive working relationship with them.
- Contribute ideas for improvement by comparing efficiency of assurance related procedures performed across different clients we support.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism towards work challenges.
- Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
- Develop knowledge of use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
Qualification and competencies:
- B. Com graduate with 0 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting and assurance related concepts.
- Strong interpersonal with good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook.
- Robust logical and reasoning skills.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Commitment to continuous learning and proactively implement onto new processes.