Director Finance and Business Insight
Overall responsible for the following functions in Pharma and APAC Shared Service Center (SSC KL):
- Visionary: Instill a bold, shared vision and higher purpose for the entire network. Sensing and responding to the internal and external environment in order to emerge an aspiring Malaysia vision and translate vision into clear prioritized outcomes that drive the shared purpose of the organization.
- Architect: Empower people and teams to self-organize, prioritize, make great “game time” decisions and GO! Shift from a focus on the steps needed to achieve an objective, to a deeper examination of context, root causes and systemic interrelationships.
- Coach: Help everyone in the network build the skills and mindsets they need to succeed in an empowered system. Be a coach, and be coached.
- Catalyst: Unshackle the network and embolden people. Prioritize to create clarity and focus. Foster connections across the organization communities.
- Accountable for the incorporation of Transparency, Trust & Network into the values and culture of the organization.
- As an active member of the Malaysian Pharma and SSC KL Leadership Teams, sets and implements short-term direction and long-term strategies; offers expert insight relating to financial and administrative matters, including financial controls and long-term sustainability; builds trust and effective relationships.
- Lead the Finance and Business Insight and SSC KL Controlling & Procurement Departments through functional expertise, leadership support and overall business partnering.
- Ensure that the highest standards of financial and accounting principles are upheld both from global corporate governance, regional reporting requirements and all within a local regulatory context, while supporting the business deliverable in the country.
- As a member of Roche Finance community, represents and implement global financial strategies, processes and systems within the affiliate, and supports global projects.
- Required to collaborate with both internal and external cross-functional team members, as well as with external stakeholders.
- All Roche employees are expected to practice high standards of compliance with both external and internal policies and regulations as well as participate and be involved in SHE initiatives within the Company.
- Define in collaboration with the business leaders the strategic direction of the organization to reach the company north star.
- Guide the business in meeting short to long-term goals by providing relevant financial, non-financial information & business insights.
- Proactively identify key challenges & opportunities & assess their impact on the organization.
- Drive a simple and fit-for-purpose business planning process that captures key strategic directions.
- Closely monitor the business performance (actuals vs forecast), leading with business partners in crafting and executing value enhancing decisions, while ensuring financial peace.
- Build a strong internally aligned network to engage all functions around the financial management of the company.
- Manage the local finance & accounting function, both in Pharma and SSC KL, ensuring adherence to Roche Group Accounting (FGA), local accounting standards, tax and customs.
- Shape and implement the new ways of working for the finance organization and contribute to the affiliate transformation journey.
- Drive the end-to-end process of Supply Chain & Customer Service and ensure accurate demand and supply planning.
- Take administrative leadership of local IT and collaborate with the local IT Head to enable an effective IT deployment.
- Manage Procurement process, both in Pharma and SSC KL, with focus on value delivery for Roche, balancing costs, service quality, compliance and strategic partnerships.
- Manage the Business Insight team to support data based decisions in the eco-systems; identify industry trends and potential business opportunities and risks; generate meaningful market insights and contribute to the long-term sustainability of the company.
- Manage the Digital Transformation team to settle and pursue the digital strategy, build knowledge and capabilities of cross-functional teams to successfully apply innovative digital customer engagement strategy and solutions.
- Manage the Controlling team in SSC KL to support and provide transparency on the financial sustainability and cost-effectiveness, in collaboration with Global Controllers.
- Lead with purpose the team and foster personal development.
- Negotiate service level agreements with related parties (e.g.: Pharma, Region, Shared Service Center, IT, Procurement)
- Develop financial strategies that maximize compliance, regional people development, patient access to Roche medicines, and driving business performance. Utilize financial tools such as decision-making analytics, prioritization, resource-allocation and value/investment analysis.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure SOP is updated as per required on a timely manner.
- Any ad hoc analysis and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time as required by the business.
- Minimum 10 years of finance experience, with 5 years on senior executive position
- Proven record of ensuring Financial governance
- Experience of Business Partnering within a Management team and influencing in a matrix organization
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience executing strategic decisions
- Ability to lead teams and creating a working culture that is transparent and values driven, and ensures personal growth of employees
- Possess a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any field.
- Solid business process knowledge and global perspective.
- Pharmaceutical industry (e.g.: drug development, medical affairs)
Note: Preferred candidate has been identified for this position.
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.