Group Internal Auditor
- Full time
Superb opportunity for a Group Internal Auditor to join this successful Midlands Internal Audit team.
Leading Midlands business with exciting expansion plans.
The role is to carry out internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group and assist with the development of the Group Internal Audit and Risk Management function. The individual will work within the existing Group Internal Audit team and will report directly to the Group Internal Audit and Risk Director.
Specific duties will include:
·Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated from the Group Plan, carrying out and managing the performance of those internal audit reviews, including the planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed timeframes;
- Drafting audit reports including findings and recommendations, agreeing the implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
·Assisting with the development of the Group Internal Audit Plan, including identification of areas for potential future audit work and assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices;
- Assisting with the development / implementation of the Group's Risk Management Procedures at both a Group and business unit level;
- Ensuring compliance with Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance Standards;
- Liaising with Internal Control and Loss Prevention functions of subsidiaries;
· Analytical review of subsidiary management accounts;
- Assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of an appropriate control environment within new businesses, post-acquisition capital expenditure reviews, and financial due diligence as required; and
- Assisting the Group Director with ad hoc investigations, reporting and presentations, including responding to Audit Committee requests.
The candidate should:
- hold an accountancy or audit qualification;
- have experience in internal or external audit;
- have a good understanding of the audit process with internal audit experience being an advantage;
- have a high level of computer literacy, a good working knowledge of accounting systems and business processes and controls. Experience of using computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis tools an advantage;
- be able to demonstrate a good knowledge / understanding of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- be able to work either on their own or within a team as required, demonstrate initiative and show a willingness to learn and develop their profession;
- have good interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and
- demonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business.
Up to £52,000 basic plus car allowance + benefits.
In time, there may be an opportunity to gain experience in and potentially move into other departments within the Group.
Minimal travel involved with this role.