A Financial Accountant position for a leading sports brand. This role provides support to the Finance Manager and is commercially focused.
My client is a leading sports brand based in London.
The key responsibilities of this Financial Accountant position include:
- Assist with the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts for business units - compile, analyse and report all costs and revenues within the month end time frame
- Ensure the integrity of the business unit P&L's by way of project cost/revenue scrutiny, ensuring all costs and revenues are allocated correctly, timely and can be fully substantiated
- Review the company Balance Sheets ensuring balances are reconciled and any items at risk are investigated and resolved when identified
- Monthly analysis of overheads/fixed costs against budget ensuring accuracy of allocations
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller and Senior Management prepare the annual budgets and forecasts in line with the corporate timetable, scrutinising assumptions to ensure accuracy
- Regularly review the aged debtors schedule/profile and provide assistance to the credit control team and operations in collecting cash and resolving non-payment/invoicing issues; escalating and providing for bad debt as they arise
- Review and authorise company credit card and cash expense claims as required
- Maintain the company Fixed Asset Registers
- Prepare and Lodge VAT and other statutory returns as required
- Continually strive to improve departmental performance in line with business needs and good practice by monitoring, reviewing and evaluating internal procedures and systems of work, making appropriate recommendations for improvement when identified
- Under direction support system integration , optimisation , improvement and deployment projects that add value to the finance function specifically and to the business in general.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Finance team and support and assist the Finance Controller & Finance Directors with ad-hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate for this Financial Accountant position will display the following:
- Passion for sports is essential
- ACCA/CIMA part qualified
- Previous experience of preparing a complete set of management accounts
- Familiar with various ERP and business process software's and how they interact (i.e. T&A Systems, Purchasing Systems)
- Proven experience building relationships with all stakeholders
- Advanced Excel Skills - experience modelling decisions & outcomes
- System Integration and Optimisation project exposure
- Audit experience
- Reviewing year-end taxation
This is a chance to join a leading global sports brand with a commercial focus in a role that offers career progression.