Financial Analyst Trainee
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ rated company, is rapidly expanding our footprint throughout the US. We are currently searching for a Financial Analyst who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast–paced environment. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you! This position is based out of our Home Office in Wilkes–Barre, PA.Responsibilities
- Monitor general ledger expense activity, oversee coding corrections as needed
- Research fluctuations and provide detailed explanations for quarterly reporting to management
- Perform actual to budget comparisons
- Prepare account reconciliations and analyses
- Mine and analyze claims data to ensure the highest level of integrity of the data
- Maintain financial Excel workbooks and department directories
- Assist with quarterly financial statement closing process and annual budget process
- Provide tax data to parent company for state filings, as needed; coordinate signatures/payment/mailing/submission of annual tax filings
Qualified candidates will exhibit:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance: 3+ years experience required
- Solid computer experience required, specifically Microsoft Excel
- The ability to work independently and manage short and long–term projects
- The ability to work in a fast–paced environment with specific deadlines
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am–4:30pm M–F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!