Department: Finance – Accounting
Reports to: Sr. Director, Accounting
Location: Henderson Rd (Tampa)
- Responsible for higher risk or more complex transactions and account balances, such as Medicare Part D accounting, Medicare and Medicaid revenue, IBNR and medical costs, etc.
- Serve as "subject matter expert" for assigned areas, including a detailed understanding of the underlying processes and transactions and the ability to analyze anomalies and recommend course of actions. Work with related departments to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting of those areas. Communicate issues clearly and confidently with management and other departments.
- Responsible for timely, accurate financial statement close (related to assigned accounts/transactions) each month. Monitor tasks owned and proactively identify/resolve delays and/or issues. Ensure progress is communicated to supervisor.
- Create and upload journal entries. Appropriately document and support all transactions.
- Prepare month–end reconciliations and analyses for assigned accounts. Perform and document all related internal controls and maintain appropriate evidence.
- Reconcile investment and bank statements to general ledger
- Comply with all corporate policies, GAAP standards and statutory requirements.
- Proactively identify inconsistencies, errors, and/or issues and recommend actions/resolution to supervisor.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation and drive change for new processes and controls or improvements to existing processes and controls. Proactively identify and present proposed process improvements.
- Respond timely and completely to requests from management and other departments.
- Prepare requested supporting schedules for audit and financial reporting purposes.
- Assist with and volunteer for other special projects, implementations, etc.
- Provide guidance and cross–training to lower–level accounting staff.
Education: Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance preferred, or commensurate experience
Experience: 3 years of general accounting experience. A mix of public accounting and private industry experience is a plus. Managed care industry experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: CPA certification preferred
Technical Skills/Requirements: General ledger software experience preferred, proficiency with Excel (including pivot tables, V–lookup, etc. is a must.
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government–sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.