Manager, Operational Transaction Services(Financial Services), Transaction Advisory Services
Join our Operational Transaction Services team and provide clients a full range of hands-on, operationally focused support and advice across the transaction life cycle, supporting both buyers and sellers. We cover a wide range of operational aspects, including carve-out readiness and support, operational due diligence and restructuring, synergy assessment and delivery, day-one readiness assessment, and 100-day planning, supporting the integration process, integration and assessments of carve-out/stand-alone costs and risks.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions in the financial services sector. You will prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in the OTS Financial Services group, you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing operational focused projects. You'll execute and manage projects supporting our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions. Part of your role will also involve developing experience across a range of different type of engagements including pre and post deal phases.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Information Technology
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Financial Services / FinTech expertise: with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change.
- Consulting skills: can demonstrate the skills and experience required to operate in a client-facing role and lead projects within a professional services firm.
- Change management: understands key principles of project and programme management and has prior experience in managing change initiatives.
- Market insight: aware of trends in Financial Services and able to apply this knowledge to shape the approach for individual assignments.
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues.
- Commercial acumen: able to quickly understand the key value drivers in a business and how these impact the scope and approach of an assignment.
- Relationship management: can establish credibility and presence with senior executives and able to provide sound advice and challenge on operational and strategic issues. Develops long-term relationships beyond the scope of individual assignments.
- Communication skills: has excellent verbal communication skills and is a good listener. Has excellent writing skills and able to produce high quality reports.
- Team leadership: be able to successfully lead teams and coach more junior members of the team on engagements.
- Cultural awareness: has awareness of different operating styles and cultures and reflects these in the approach to each assignment.
Ideally, you also have
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.