ASEAN Regional Operations Manager/Senior Manager, Core Business Services, Singapore
Overall position purpose
This role supports the ASEAN COO in running an efficient business. This role is responsible for closely monitoring key performance indicators and driving improvement initiatives as required, assisting with the execution of strategic priorities, and working with the ASEAN CBS functions to ensure quality service provision to the business. In doing this role, you play an active role in collaborating and managing relationships with key stakeholders in ASEAN and outside the region.
- Provide the ASEAN COO, Market Segment, Service Line & Sector Leaders with timely advice on business performance, relying on reports generated from the finance and markets organisations.
- With an in-depth understanding of business performance, identify areas for improvement and drive activity to deliver improved metrics. This will require working with the ASEAN Leadership team, finance, markets, BD and other operations personnel. In doing so, work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders to ensure ASEAN needs are understood and well represented, acknowledging that we work within a Regional and Global structure.
- With a strong understanding of the ASEAN strategy and goals, work with the ASEAN leadership team to execute the strategy. The ability to break a strategy down into achievable activities and deliverables will be important, as will teamwork, communication and driving outcomes.
- Together with ABD and Region Markets Finance, provide insights to the ASEAN Managing Partner on sales and pipeline to help identify opportunities or gaps in the market and forecast the strength of demand, which has implications for future headcount needs and other commercial decisions. Also collaborate with ABD, leadership and finance on ensuring adequate governance and controls are in place around business development expense management.
- Oversee firmwide planning processes, from market leadership (strategic) planning, through revenue and account planning, to financial planning and budgeting. Team with Finance, Markets Finance, BD and Talent to ensure the overall plans and budgets align with the ASEAN Region direction.
- Collaborate with BMC and Talent on their activities, providing guidance and insights as required.
- Prepare leadership packs containing succinct updates on business performance for senior EY leadership within and beyond ASEAN.
- Proactively update the ASEAN COO on progress and any issues so as to ensure quick resolution. As a member of the Region Operations and Enablement team, contribute ideas and best practice and team with other members as required.
- Be involved in other projects as required.
- Positive feedback from stakeholders regarding the duties listed above, with focus on the provision of exceptional client service and operational excellence.
- Timely and successful execution and management of agreed processes and projects.
- Positive 360 degree feedback from team members and others across the organisation.
Skills & Competencies
- Financial literacy and the ability to interpret results and provide advice on performance. In addition, the ability to forecast and project areas that the leaders need to focus on.
- Bachelor degree in business
- At least 5 years’ experience in a professional services related role
- At least 3 years’ experience in manager role
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels across the organisation.
- Manage multiple agendas; meet demanding time frames and tight deadlines. Ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with competing interests to find a suitable outcome. In addition, the ability to manage change in a complex environment.
- Strong understanding of firm wide systems and processes.
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- Understanding of ASEAN cultures, desirable.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with genuine creative flair, and the ability to convey and sell a creative vision to stakeholders and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. To make that happen, you’ll need the strategic skills and executive presence to give authoritative, realistic advice every time. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.