Manager/Senior Manager, Valuation and Business Modelling - Financial Services, TAS, Singapore
EY’s Transactions Advisory Services (TAS) division offers strategic corporate clients and private equity clients professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through execution, to transaction integration. Within TAS, Valuation & Business Modelling (VBM) advises our clients on a variety of issues concerning their investment, finance and strategic options. VBM teams extensively with other competencies within EY working on a diverse range of issues including but not limited to transactions, investments, strategic issues, focusing on: banking, insurance, wealth and asset management, fintech / insurtech, regulatory issues as well as the more traditional issues encountered in a transaction.
Within EY, we have a dedicated Financial Services Office with over 7,500 professionals in the Asia-Pacific region across Transaction Advisory, Consulting, Tax and Assurance who focus on the financial services sector, allowing our transaction advice to be specific for the financial services industry. Our financial services team serve a broad array of banking and capital markets, insurance, and wealth and asset management clients. You will be part of and can benefit from the deep experience of the EY Financial Services Office across Asia Pacific.
We currently have career opportunity for Managers to join our Valuation & Business Modelling group within Transaction Advisory Services - Financial Services in Singapore. We work across all industries and operate in a broad range of disciplines including:
- Decision support
- Transaction evaluation
- Strategic planning and capital allocation
- Business case development
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning
- Data analytics and visualization
- Other bespoke model development
Your key responsibilities
- Deliver on engagements for clients throughout Asia
- Have a primary focus on valuation and decision support modelling services across financial services clients
- Provide clients with modelling solutions, data analytics and analysis to address complex business problems
- Lead and be a part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines and firm competencies
- Build strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Build the existing business through internal and external business development
- As part of your career development, you will: participate in / lead sales opportunities with senior team members and clients; assist in / lead preparing proposal documents; be supported in building client relationships at all levels. You will be expected to be innovative and insightful in considering industry trends and potential disruptions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong financial modelling skills with a proven ability to create robust and flexible financial models based on the client’s financial and operational information
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a focus on building internal and external networks
- Managing and reviewing the work of junior staff members within a high performing team environment
- Developing and guide junior staff by providing timely, and effective performance feedback/training
- Acting as a counsellor to junior staff members to help them achieve their career goals
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance or economics
- At least 4-5 years of relevant work experience in the fields of: valuation, financial modelling, FP&A
- Good understanding of financial services sector: banking, insurance, payments, WAM, fintech
- Strong financial modelling skills and the ability to create fit for purpose financial models (e.g., cash flow, integrated financial statement, operational and decision support models) using best practice techniques and applying sound commercial judgment
- Demonstrated capability in using visualization software and managing data sets (PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
- Tolerance for extensive travel
Ideally, you also have
- CPA or CFA
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.