Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Assurance, Singapore
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS Manager, you will be a key member of the team, committed to initiating and maintaining meaningful relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You enjoy speaking to current and prospective clients because you strongly believe that they will benefit from our inputs as finance and accounting advisors. Leveraging off our pool of consultants and resources, you will manage the project teams to ensure the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Working closely with the practice leaders to develop and/or support the execution of account strategies
- Supporting the practice leaders and senior executives in generating new business connections and development of engagement pipeline
- Engaging in conversations directly with clients or through EY connections to understand the needs of prospective and current accounts
- Managing the various projects and ensuring the successful delivery of service offerings to our client
- Proactively participate in staff recruitment, mentoring, development and career path planning for our staff
- Ensuring effective and efficient project execution according to professional and EY standards, set budgets, and timelines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree, preferably in finance, commerce or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 5 years of experience in professional services or in large and dynamic organizations in or around the finance field
- Familiarity with US and international accounting standards is beneficial
- Solution-oriented with a “go-getter” personality
- Willing to try new ways to solve old problems
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, independent and adaptable
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
Ideally, you also have
- Experience in managing a diverse client portfolio
- Involvement in accounting areas such as transaction accounting, GAAP conversions and accounting change implementation
- Prior experience in reviewing the effectiveness of finance processes and driving the necessary improvement opportunities
- Prior Consulting experience
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.