Financial Services (Credit Risk) Senior Associate, Advisory, Singapore
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
About the Opportunity:
Join Financial Services Risk Management practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Wide breadth of services of FSRM including but not limited to:
- Conduct risk management advice, remediation and transformation.
- Conduct risk management framework design and operational effectiveness.
- Regulation and compliance advisory.
- Financial crimes, AML and sanctions advisory.
- Specialist risk support for delivery of advisory, internal and external audit services.
- Future operating models
- Response to regulatory criticism and regulatory preparedness
- Providing guidance on current and emerging control practices
- Conduct internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support
In your role as a Risk Senior Associate you will:
- Reviewing and Enhancing Client’s Risk Management Framework
- Assist Clients on Group Risk Management and support the Board Risk Management Committee in reviewing the risk management across the group
- Supervising the work of junior Consultant in delivering the project
- Formulating/ Implementing Enterprise Risk Management initiatives including risk quantification and portfolio risk management
- Validation and monitoring of model and scorecard performance and management information system
We are looking for people with the following experience/qualifications:
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics equivalent degree
- Previous exposure in data modelling tools would be an advantage.
- Significant relevant consulting, risk management or business expertise within a Retail/Commercial or Corporate bank.
- Detailed understanding of the overall credit risk management lifecycle and associated credit risk and the policies, procedures and strategies employed to manage this risk
- Have strong technical and analytical skills, including knowledge of Excel and other coding software
- Ability to work under own initiative and under tight deadlines, delivering high quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback on complex issues to executive and line management on risk/control issues and potential solutions to close gaps
- Ability to travel
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.