Manager/Senior Manager, Financial Services - Corporate Finance Strategy, TAS
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Financial Services - Transaction Advisory Services group is seeking to recruit experienced professionals into our developing Corporate Finance Strategy practice. Joining us will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their current transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area. We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability.
Increasing globalisation of our Financial Services business means that we work closely with colleagues in both Asia-Pacific and the Americas in respect of serving our largest global accounts as well as delivering cross-border engagements. Our clients including leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Governments. Our assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
To leverage our already strong credentials, and to strengthen our ability to provide front-end strategic advice to our clients, we are building a dedicated Financial Services commercial diligence and strategy capability to complement our financial and operational diligence, M&A, valuations and business modelling services.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager / Senior Manager in the team, you'll deliver strategic consulting engagements for clients throughout Asia, on topics such as
- corporate strategy,
- digital strategy,
- business unit strategy,
- transaction strategy,
- commercial due diligence,
- organisational design,
- partnership/JV negotiation and formation
- developing new clients through proposals/pitches
- developing, mentoring, recruiting team members creating and
- contributing to the firm's intellectual property base
You'll work in a fast paced, highly dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment and have opportunity to expose to cutting edge topics and a vast range of clients and project types,
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
- At least 5 years (for manager level)/ 8 years (for senior manager level) of relevant experience
- Experience in leading strategy/consulting engagements for global strategy firms or Big 4 strategy teams
- Ability to independently lead consulting workstreams (Manager) or whole engagements (Senior Manager)
- Some experience in financial services of any kind (banking, insurance, payments, bancassurance, fintec, alternative currencies..)
- Some exposure to transactions, M&A, or private equity, either in-house or as part of a consulting team
- Experience and skills in technology are not necessary but interesting: anything related to data, analytics, programming and data modelling languages
- Experience developing client relationships (Senior Manager level) emerging markets exposure, ideally including key Asian markets
- Asian language skills - especially ASEAN languages or Chinese
- A high degree of cross-cultural sensitivity
- A high degree of resourcefulness, drive, and ambition
- Tolerance for extensive travel
Ideally, you also have
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.