Manager - Insurance Financial Control
Manager - Financial Control (insurance). 8 Months contract
A globally recognised Financial Services organisation requires a Manager to support the Divisional Control Team for providing end to end financial control support for the insurance wealth business units.
This includes completing a final review of the output from the Finance & Accounting, Global Reporting & Taxation teams within Global Shared Services for insurance and providing contextual knowledge to the broader Finance team as & when required. This role is critical for providing the link between Global Shared Services and relvant stakeholders.
As the Manager, key deliverables will include;
- Support the Divisional Control team to meet the statutory & regulatory reporting requirements for the wealth insurance business units.
- Build strong working relationships with the Business stakeholders.
- Monitor and report the Performance of the wealth insurance legal entities including Working with the Divisional Control team and Global Shared Service business partners.
- Drive the production of timely and accurate statutory financial reports and insightful subsidiary board reporting for the wealth insurance subsidiaries.
- Identify and implement continuous process improvement within the team.
- Support the Divisional Control Team present the statutory financial reports & applicable board reports at the relevant wealth insurance subsidiary board meetings as & when required.
- Actively challenge the business assumptions used for forecasting to ensure the robustness of the forecast process and outcomes.
- Working with business unit finance counterparts for various priorities impacting the wealth insurance subsidiaries.
- Deliver on core finance projects impacting wealth insurance subsidiaries and / or business units and ad-hoc finance projects as they arise.
- Holds team accountable, holds honest conversations to drive team/individual outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusion, flexibility & learning.
To be successful you will have the following experience, skills and/or qualifications:
- CA/ CPA/ CFA/ ACA/ ACCA Qualified or equivalent.
- 3+ years' experience in finance and accounting environment. Big 4 experience highly desired.
- Financial Services experience is essential, Insurance experience highly desired
- Experience working knowledge of wealth management industry highly desired.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting practices within the finance industry (including Australian Accounting Standards).
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability of working with senior stakeholders.
- The ability to work autonomously.
Please apply online or direct to Anuj.Sabharwal@hudson.com