Financial Controller, Distribution Channels
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Finance has an excellent Financial Control manager role for the Distribution Channel Division.
This role will report to the Senior Financial Controller, Distribution Channels within the retail division comprising of the retail banking network and direct channels.
The Distribution Financial Control team is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Retail Banking network's financial position and performance. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal stakeholders
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities
Purpose of the Role
This role takes the lead on reporting and analysing the Income and cost Statement for the retail network, managing a small team of accountants and ensuring a robust control framework is in place.
- Responsibility for the controlling and reporting of the Retail Network Income Statement, with a particular focus on margins and costs, and the related statutory and FinRep close processes, ensuring that underlying processes review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Manage the risks in the local processes, ensuring risks are identified, understood, and actions are taken to mitigate.
- Develop strong relationships with both Group Finance and the Retail Network stakeholders ensuring a high quality deliver of service and ensuring issues are resolved in an efficient manner.
- Support the production and timely delivery of certain statutory accounts of entities within the Distribution Channels division.
- Lead a small team of Finance professionals, ensuring appropriate learning and development. Proactively foster talent and build team competencies.
- Champion process improvement on the team, focussing on the simplification of legacy processes, and the close-out of legacy entities.
- Support Group Finance strategic objectives.
What is the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious accountant, who is looking to develop their financial control competencies, build on their stakeholder management skills, together with learning about the Retail division comprising of the retail banking network and direct channels.
Qualified accountant with 3 years PQE, or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and on an individual basis, ensuring consistent delivery of results.
- Experience in a financial control, or other control-based function
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Empowers their team to contribute their best and maximise their potential
- Creates a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of SAP general ledger
- Champion Transformation: Self
- One Group, One Team: People Manager
- Accountable: People Manager
- Customer Focused: People Manager
- Manage Risk : people Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Sep 26, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.