This is an excellent, Exeter based opportunity for a qualified management accountant to further develop their finance career in a fast-growing business unit of a leading UK company. You will support the Finance Manager in providing accurate and timely financial information to the decision makers within the business.
Our client is a leading UK business with a reputation for excellence within their respective field. They are well-known for progressing their employees through the business and offering them exciting training and development opportunities.
The management accountant's key responsibilities:
- Preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports to Group
- Performing month end reconciliations and providing account analysis
- Preparation and input of journals, prepayments and accruals
- Posting of house sale completion statements and journals to Oracle
- Close liaison with Shared Service Centre to resolve any queries that arise, especially with regards to Accounts Payable and the processing of bank receipts
- Facilitating the making of Sundry and Single payments
- Monitoring daily bank movements
- Any other finance duties as directed & required
- Able to produce information accurately and to the stipulated deadlines
- Demonstrate a high level of competence
- Ability to follow up queries and obtain explanations of variances to budget
- Have strong inter-personal skills to enable effective communication at all levels
- Possess commercial acumen
- Be flexible in their approach
- Be proactive in dealing with issues
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to work well in a team
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Background of working to and achieving strict deadlines.
- Experience of implementing new processes and procedures and consistently challenging such processes to improve the quality of output.
- Knowledgeable of financial systems.
- Excel to an advanced standard
- Good at building relationships internally.
Competitive package + bonus and additional company benefits